Shaftsbury, VT 05262
Park Updates & Alerts
- Lake Shaftsbury State Park will remain open through October 14 for the 2019 season.
Go 10 miles north on Route 7A
At a Glance
- Operates as group-camping park with 15 lean-tos
- Waterfront cottage sleeps 6 and is available for rent
Lake Shaftsbury State Park is on an 84-acre parcel surrounding the small but picturesque Lake Shaftsbury. The area operated as a private campground/cabin resort before it became a state park in 1974. It has become a popular park facility in southwestern Vermont.
Facilities / Amenities
Lake Shaftsbury operates a group camping area with clusters of lean-to's and port-a-let facilities. Group camping is available throughout the year for scouts, church groups, and other organizations.
In addition to the group camping area, there is a fully furnished waterfront cottage with a deck and grill that comfortably sleeps six people.
Other day use ammenities and attractions include:
- restrooms with flush toilets and hot and cold running water
- a developed, sandy beach
- picnic and play areas
- a snack bar and concession area
- boat rentals
- a nature trail leading around the lake
The park also has a picnic pavilion that can be rented. The pavilion seats up to 100 people and has electricity, grills, picnic tables, and a nearby restroom. The cost is $100 to rent for the day.